More than 30 years for peace, protection of the environment and human rights
The Association of Ethical Shareholders Germany was founded in 1986 by several non-governmental organizations like environmental, human rights and anti-Apartheid groups. Currently the Association has 28 member organizations.
Ethical shareholders file counter-proposals and participate in annual general meetings (AGMs) in Germany and other European countries.
Ethical shareholders demand:
- sustainable production of goods
- stop for military production and export of weapons
- a nuclear-free and renewable energy production
- living wages in all companies and their suppliers
- the promotion of women in companies
- a cap for manager salaries
- a cooling-off period when a member of the board of directors joins the supervisory board
- the introduction of a lobby register